Yeah, that just happened! The FunBites is perfect for making cutesy rolls. They cut out nicely and the plunger part plops them on to the baking sheet in the right shape!
Now, I just used my favorite roll recipe which I will detail for you below but I imagine you could use refrigerated dough or your own favorite roll recipe! Or biscuits....or cookies...so many delicious possabilities!
1/2 cup milk (I use skim)
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons butter
3 packages (or 6 3/4 tsps.) of dry active yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
5 – 6 cups all-purpose flour
- In a small saucepan, stir milk, sugar, salt and butter together. Heat over low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cool until lukewarm.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed mixer bowl. Add lukewarm milk mixture and 4 1/2 cups flour to yeast mixture, and using a dough hook if you have one. Add the rest of the flour by 1/2 cup until your dough forms a ball. Knead with the hook until it pulls away from the sides. I don't have a dough hook so I use the paddle and just fop it around on high speed until it looks like dough
- Place dough in a greased bowl, turning it to grease the top. Cover the dough with a clean, dry dish towel, and let it rise in a warm place for 20 minutes (may be longer if it's cold where you are!)
- Roll the dough out to about 1/2 inch thickness and cut in to shapes. Place shapes on a parchment lined baking sheet, cover with a cloth and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 425. Bake for 7-10 minutes until golden brown. Brush the tops with melted butter!
Want a Luv-It cutter of your own? The awesome folks at FunBites are giving one away to one of you lovely readers! And if you don't win or just can't wait, use the code ValentineFun at Funbites!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Stuff used in this lunch: